We cable-tied them to ladders to stabilize them, and loaded them up in the truck, along with a load of the two-inch tubing that will supply water to the heat exchangers.
We got the HEXs to the site, along with some of the tubing. Then we called it a day.
Yesterday, we turned up at the site with the rest of the SIX HUNDRED FEET of 2-inch tubing we will need. This little lot weighed almost 500 pounds and all of it had to be schlepped about 3/4 of a mile across soft snow. Each of the coils weighs 50-70 lbs, so Alex and I got quite a work-out (Philip was doing the NON-manual labor - he is the engineer, after all). Once again, our intrepid leader Dr. Wyatt Cross was all too conspicuous in his absence. He never seems to be around when we are putting heat exchangers together. Hmmm...
By the end of the third day we had all the tubing at the site and Philip had a lot of the fittings sorted out at the hot pool. A good day's work.
We are just about to head up again for the fourth day. Wish us luck.